Thursday, September 25, 2008
9-25-08...one day away from 5 months old!
Blake will be 5 months old tomorrow. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. He went to see his pediatrician yesterday and weighed in at 10 lb. 6 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. The boy has some major legs. His muscles are so big in his legs and arms. The doctor said you can already tell he is going to have a sports build like his dad. He got his second round of immunizations yesterday. Oh by the way we are now finally back home...yeah.. Houston we have electricity! Now we just have to replace our fence. OK so he got his shots which of course he cried and made the most pitiful face so I started crying because I hate to see him in pain. After that appointment he went to see his cardiologist who gave him the all clear on his blood pressure. It is finally back down to normal. So after a long day visiting doctors we were headed home when his apnea alarm went off. It beeped a couple times so I started to look for a place to pull over, then it went off so I thought OK he is breathing again but was still trying to find somewhere to pull over. A few seconds later it started going off again. This time it didn't stop. I freaked and sped up cutting people off trying to find somewhere, anywhere I could pull over. There was no where. So I started doing like 100 to get to a place I saw up in front of me. I pulled in, slammed it in gear, jumped out to get to the back and he was so not breathing. His face was pale white and his lips were turning a bluish purple. I did everything I could to get him to breathe again. He finally did and started getting color back in his lips and face, but now he did not want to wake up. Boy did I make him mad rubbing his legs just to wake him up. Talk about giving me a heart attack. Once he was stable and I felt better I made sure he had NO blankets and turned the ac on high right on him so he stayed awake. haha. No more deep sleeps for him. He slept the entire rest of the day at home with me hovering over him constantly. I am so glad he is still on that monitor other wise who knows what would have happened. He is feeling much better today and went to see his Pulmonologist...one more of the many specialists he sees. We love his Pulmonologist Dr. Robertson....even though he is an Aggie....I am sorry, we love all his doctors, we just like giving Dr. Robertson a hard time because he is an Aggie and he hates it when Blake wears his burnt orange outfits. haha. So we went and saw him. He said for sure one more month on oxygen. If he continues to have these spells he is putting Blake back in the hospital, so I told Blake NO MORE SPELLS! PLEASE! He also said that Blake's jaw sits back a little farther than most babies and that could be one factor causing him a harder time breathing. He is going to keep an eye on it and if he notices it not growing or getting any better he might have to have surgery....ahhhhh no please. My brother had the same issue and had surgery when he was in junior high. That was so horrible for him. I do not want to see Blake go through the same thing. Well that is about it for now. Oh I found out my best friend Tiffany is going to have a little BOY! Whoohooo a playmate for Blake. I think she is due in February or March. All my other friends have had girls so he has plenty of girlfriends and now a best bud to add to it. He is also doing good with his contacts. He goes for his checkup on those on Monday. I am falling more and more in love with this little man every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Janna
I am so happy to hear little Blake is doing well. You are a lucky lady to be blessed with a sweet litle boy. Take Care of yourself and little Blake.
:-) CanCan aka: CandiceNewman
Post a Comment