Wow I have really fallen behind on my blogging. So Sorry! I have been swamped with college and Mr. Man I have had absoltuley no time to write. So let's do a quick recap since December. We had Christmas in Kerrville with family. My parents came down from Ohio. Blake absolutley loved all the Christmas paper and unwrapping everything. The boy loved the paper more than his new toys. My parents anounced to the family that they were moving back to Texas to be closer to us kids. I think the cold was getting to them. JK. Let's see. Blake had his first New Years and stayed up with us to celebrate...trust me it was not our idea. He had his own plans. He tried to take Rob's champaign glass away from him. We celebrated in our PJ's and socks. On January 5th Blake sat up for the first time on his won for a little bit. He also got an ear infection that day...The first of MANY! He had his first overnight stay on Jan 9th with his Grandma while Rob and I went to see Celine Dion and celebrate (late celebrate) our Anniversary. We found out he is allergice to Pennicilin just like his Grandpa Bob. We went to Austin to see our friends and stopped by the NICU to visit. Blake was the center of attention. We got there right at shift change and every nurse that came out stopped to see him. He was in love. He made flirty eyes at everyone and gave them all the biggest smiles ever. He started saying Mamama and bababa. I think it was just him talking and not putting it together with mama or anything. After Austin, he got a horrible stomach virus which wasn't fun and we all then got it. He stated holding his own bottle at his nine month mark and at his checkup weighed in at 14 lbs 4 oz. Oh he started going to an in home day care on Monday's all day and Tuesday's in the afternoon while I am in class. He gets to play with two other little kids one is three and I think the other is a little over 1.
The first week of February Blake started sitting up without assistance. He came down with more ear infections this month. He also decided he didn't want to wear contacts anymore and destroyed every single pair we had. Due to him getting many many ear infections over and over and different viruses, he has stayed around 15 lbs for the entire month. He is trying to figure out how to roll from back to front and almost has it.
This month in March Blake had changed a lot. last week he weighed in at 16 lbs 4 oz. He finally gained weight after 2 months of not. He rolls from his front to his back and back to front. He pushes up and tries to crawl but due to his balance and fluid on his ears he falls over every time. He puts his head down and tries to push forward with his legs and head instead of using his hands to crawl. He saw an ENT last week and will be getting tubes put in on April 1st. What a way to spend April Fools Day! Yuck. My parents finally moved into their new house here in Houston last week. Guess what we got to do all spring break. If I never see another moving box again it will be too soon. Rob and I put in a bid on a house and are waiting to hear back if we get it or not. While at my parents house Blake started walking in his walker. He had never figured out how to do it until last week. They have wood floors and he busted a move all around the downstairs. He would follow me from room to room. It was too cute. He has finally figured out when we leave his sight or not. Not sure if that is a good thing yet or not. lol. He is having a really hard time cutting his teeth. They just don't want to pop through so he hurts a lot. Poor baby. He is a lot more vocal and loves to hum. He has started giggling at the dogs and things he thinkgs is funny. He had a sleep study done last week and they found he is having "blockage apneas". That is where his brain fires signals to breathe, he does the work to try to take a breath but he doesn't get any air in. Something is blocking the air from entering. His doctor says it is not life threatening becuase he still gets other breaths in and itsn't like central apnea where he will stop breathing all together...I hope he is right. When he gets his tubes next week they are going to check his adnoids, tonsils and size of his throat and airways to see if that is the problem. Since he can't crawl yet, he rolls himself all over thr room. At this very minute he has decided to help me unfold the laundry I just folded. He rolled off his mat and over to the clean pile of burp rags and has thrown them everywhere. He is also knawing on them. Thanks buddy! So as you can see, he has come a long way. I can't believe he will be a year next month. It has gone by so fast. The March Of Dimes walk is on his one year birthday, so we will be walking in it to celebrate his one year victory and to support March Of Dimes. If you would like you can make a contribution to our team to support Blake. The money all goes to March of Dimes and their efforts to come up with new and improved ways to save the lives of premature babies.
our link is
www.marchforbabies.org/teams/620818
I will be posting new pics of our little man so you can see how big he has gotten. Again I am so sorry for not updating sooner. I am taking 21 hours of classes to try and graduate this semester and am a little overwhelmed with everything. Oh I almost forgot. This past week Blake disscovered his little peepee. Every single time we go to change his diaper he has his hands ready and waiting on his tummy. As soon as that diaper comes down, he moves in for the kill. He thinks it is the funniest thing. And of course what does Robert say? "That's my BOY!" Go figure.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so happy to hear that the little man is doing so great!!! My youngest always got ear infections when he cut teeth. his gums would swell so big that they closed off the tubes in his ears, not allowing them to drain, hence causing an infection. He was about two and a half when he finally got tubes, so thank goodness Blake is them sooner. They helped so much! What will you do about the contacts now? Ha Ha, little stinker...I am so happy for you that you will graduate this semester...I think my kids will graduate from college before I do. One last word of wisdom from one mommy of boys to another...Once they find that peepee it's all over...My boys are now 10, 11, 13, and 16...I am constantly reminding someone that we DO NOT have a wiener thief in our house, so it is not necessary to constantly hang on to it! Good Luck kiss that baby for me!
Post a Comment