Sunday, August 24, 2008

8-15-08

Well little Mr. man has been having some troubles. He isn't holding down his feeds very well so we went back to the pediatrician. He even vomited up the bottle he ate while he was there all over the room we were in and on daddy. Nice. So she believed us when we said he was vomiting everything. She switched him to a non milk base formula called Nutramagen. We thought that would work. He seemed to do better on Saturday but by Sunday he could not hold down any of his feeds and all his meds came up with them. His doc called every day to check on him. By Monday morning he was very dehydrated. His pediatrician had us come in. He hadn't gained any weight and had some apnea while at home that morning. I am glad he was on his monitor because that sucker went off and I had to wake him up because he ws not breathing. So while we waited at the office to see her I overheard someone asking how long the wait would be. The nurse said she didn't know becuase there were four patients in front of them and they had to admit one. I thought to myself "man I wonder who is getting admitted?". HAHA boy was I surprised when she walked in and told me that I needed to take him directly over to the hospital where he was going to be admitted into the PICU (pediatric ICU). He had another short apnea spell while I was checking out. His pedi came over right after the office closed to check on him. She told me I was not allowed to stay the night because I looked like crap and I needed to go home and get some good sleep...which I had yet to get. He is always waking up needing to be burped through out the night becuase of his reflux. He has yet to have a good comfortable sleep. So once they got him settled in I went home that night and slept till 10 the next morning, fell back asleep till 2. I had no idea how tired I was.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow! What a week! I am glad you did finally get some rest. Brandt's monitor went off a lot, but none of them were real episodes (or at least the sound of the alarm would startle him enough to bring him out of it). I can't imagine how scary that would be to actually have to wake him yourself, wow! My heart still races thinking of those alarms and how scary it was to not know what you were going to find when it went off (Brandt was on his for 4 months). Is Blake still in the PICU, or did he get released?