Sunday, August 24, 2008
8-9-08
Ok let me see if I can remember things here. Blake passed his oxi sleep test so they let us room in on Friday 8-8-08. He had a kinda hard night. We did not get any sleep. He fussed and had a lot of reflux. We learned how to give all his meds and he threw up on me covering my pants one time. lol the nurse got a good laugh from it. We got to go home on Saturday 8-9-08. He did good on the ride home. I was really sad to leave. We had been there so long, the staff was the closest thing I had to family around me. I made a lot of friends and Blake made even more. They took wonderful care of us and I will miss everyone from St. David's NICU like crazy. I got used to calling Austin and the Ronald McDonald House, home. So his ride home went pretty well. Rob rode in the back with him and I drove since I get so car sick. He only had a couple spit ups. We stopped in Brenham at a Dairy Queen to eat and feed Blake. I really appreciate the bathrooms that have the baby changing stations, because that one did not and it really stunk trying to change him in that gross bathroom. So anywa we made it home safe. Rob had my mother-in-law tie blue baloons to the mailbox, in the hallway by the front door and in the living room. They also got us a cookie cake that of course Rob and my brother dug into before I could get a picture of it. Boyboy (our greyhound) welcomed Blake home. Mason and Maddie (the two Shih-Tzu's were at my mother in laws.) He was very careful and causious. He gave him a small sniff and kiss on the back of Blake's head saying welcome and then went and laid down for the rest of the night. He was not too sure what to think about Blake crying. The night went pretty bad and we got no sleep. He was very fussy from pain from his reflux and gas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment