Tuesday, July 1, 2008

6-27-08 High Flow!!!




Ok let's see I am going to try and remember everything to update for Friday. Blake was 3 lbs 11 oz. He developed an ear infection, his ear drum blew so they started him on an IV and gave him antibiotics. They found what they think is a hernia. His intestines are in his testicles. There is a surgeon that is coming to look at it. If it is a hernia, he will have to have surgery soon. Normally you can push a hernia back up into through the hole it came down through, but this one is not doing it. They took him off cpap and put him on the high flow nasal canular. The doctor said not to be surprised if they have to put him back on cpap, because of his apneas, so they kept the cpap machine next to his bed just in case. I held him twice during the day after he was put on the high flow. He did ok the first time but the second time he had a harder go of it. Guess he was still trying to adjust to the canular. He just did not want to be held and let me know it. So after I left there my best friend Tiffany and I drove to Houston so we could make it to the shower that next day. We left at 11:30 pm, yeah we are crazy. We drank very large glasses of coffee to stay awake. Of course we get there around 2:30 am and the first thing I want to do is work on the house and I could not go to bed till I got some things accomplished. So around 5 in the morning we finally went to bed. Oh and he does have a little birth mark that the nurses call stork bites. It is in between his eye brows. The cpap tape pulled on his skin and some blood vessels burst leaving the mark. The doctor said it should go away with in a few months...we hope. And hopefully now his nostrels will get to heal now that the cpap tubes are out. He still has the little canular tubes but they are not as big.

No comments: