
The shower went great. I got to see all my friends and family. I got some really cool things and go to see Blake's new little girlfriend Hannah that my good friend Felicia had. She was precious and was being passed from person to person. Everyone wanted to have a chance to hold her. She is a normal size newborn but compared to Blake looks so big. It is too funny how newborns look huge compared to preemies. So the doctor called and said that the surgeon thinks it could be flluid instead of a hernia. It is too hard to tell for sure right now so they are going to watch it over the next couple of weeks. Mom drove back with us to Austin so she could see Blake. We spent all night up there at the hospital. She got to hold him and while she talked to him he was just smiling away. We got some really good pictures out of it. When I was putting him up I changed his diaper and he gave me a nice present and pooped and pee'd on me. After I cleaned up the lovely poop, I was in the middle of pulling his tabs down to secure the new clean diaper when he launched a surprise attack with the pee. My hand was cupped over him and he drenched my entire palm along with my sweater. He weighed in at 3 lbs 15 oz and is 15.75 inches long. We came back later that night so I could hold him and he was in a great mood. Every time I kissed his nose he thought it was the funniest thing and tried to laugh. He smiled so big for us and was making us laugh by making faces. I think we finally got to bed around 3 am and had to get back up at 5 to take mom to the airport to leave for Ohio. He is really enjoying being off the cpap and likes the nasal canular. So much easier on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment