Sunday, July 27, 2008
7-27-08
I know I have not written in a few days, sorry. I drove home to Houston this weekend to try and get the house ready for when he comes home. I am not sure if he is going to get to come home in two weeks but we are hoping for it. His blood pressure has been pretty high lately and they are not sure why. He is going to be seen by a specialist tomorrow and also have a kidney ultrasound done in the morning. The doctor said all his other tests came back normal and he thinks the ultrasound will as well. The kidneys control the blood pressure so if they don't see anything wrong (hope they don't) then they are going to start him on bp meds. They also said that most preemies are off of the meds by 6 months and their bp is back under control. They are having him start full nipple feeds tonight so we will see how he does. If he wears out too fast they will put him back on his feeding tube and do two bottles to one tube feeding. Keep your fingers crossed he does well. That way we will get out sooner. He has also been having A&B's at least once a day. They think it is from reflux because most of the times he spits up when it happens. He is already on two stomach meds to help control his reflux so if that is the case he will go home on those meds. I am going to drive back to Austin tomorrow. This is the longest I have been away from him and it is so weird. I have gotten used to me life in Austin. It just feels so strange being back home. The other day I walked in and he had rolled himself out of his bendy-bumper that keeps him in place. He had his head and upper back completely off the pad he sleeps on and down next to the bars of the crib. His mouth was wide open and he was passed out cold. I took a picture but will have to upload it when I get back to Austin. Yesterday he was at 5 lbs 10 oz. He is gaining like 2 oz a day because he is on high calorie formula mixed with milk. He already has chubby cheeks. I just hope he doesn't get too big so I can enjoy him being a small baby once he gets out and is not attached to all his wires. Ok well I am going to go back to cleaning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment