Monday, July 7, 2008
7-7-08
I walked in this morning and they had moved Blake's bed to another spot. It scared the crap out of me. We have been in the same spot for 10 weeks and then all of a sudden he was not there anymore. They had only moved him down 2 spots but it freaked me out to not see him there. They had to make room because they have a mom on bed rest that has 24 week twins that might deliver any minute. They are trying to hold her off but you now how that goes. I found out the hard way. So he is in a different spot that is a little more cramped. The doctor came over and saw him while I was holding him. They changed some of his meds yesterday, took him off some of his meds and changed his milk fortifier to Neosure. Since they had made a lot of changes yesterday they waited till today to pull his feeding tube up to his tummy. He has been doing ok with it that way. He has been having reflux and burping a lot. I have to be careful when I pick him up now, because if I move him too much he burbs up his milk everywhere. I guess he just needs time to adjust to having milk in his belly. We are hoping he gets better with it in the next few days so they can try feeding him by bolis (all his food at once instead of continuous). He finished his antibiotics for his ear infection today and got his IV taken out this evening. We bough a mobile to hang over his crib and he loves it. He watches the black and white circles turn and just focuses in on them as best he can and loves the music as well. It is actually nice classical calming music and not annoying like other mobiles usually are. His head has grown so his ears are smaller now, they fit his head better. When he was born his ears looked huge because his head was so small, but now he has grown into them and they look normal. He is still 15.75 inches long and now weighs 4 lbs 6.6 oz. He will be 26 weeks gestational tomorrow. Wow I can not believe how long we have been here, which means his hospital bill is really really expensive, haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment