Sleeping peacefully...for now
Do I have to wake up?
Hi everybody, see you soon!
Aren't I a big boy now? ....I look really big here till you compare me to that navy blue onesie at the bottom of my crib. That is a preemie onsie. It is finallly starting to fit me right.
I don't want to go back to sleep
Well I walked in this morning to Bay 3 and found my little man was no longer there. They moved him to Bay 5 which is the discharge bay. They go there when they are close to being discharged. He has been doing good off his nasal cannula. He still has A&B's but not too many. We think it is from reflux. Normally they can't have any A&B's before they go home or they have to stay five days longer from that point. If it is due to reflux that might be another issue and he will just go home on a monitor and meds. Tonight when I came in he was wide awake and fussing like crazy. He was ready to eat. When I gave him his bottle he went crazy on it. I have never seen him do that before. He kept grabbing my hands and the bottle and jerking the bottle forcefully into his mouth. He kept getting anxious like it was going out of style. It was pretty funny. At one point he pulled the bottle so hard into his mouth out of my fingers that he pushed it into the back of his throat gagging himself. I had to eventually tuck his hands into his blanket so that he wouldn't grab the bottle anymore. He is up to 5 lbs 6 oz. The boy is getting some chubbs on him. I hope he is not getting sick. His temp has been in the high 99's today and he has started getting hoarse. Every time he tries to cry it sounds so pitiful because it is so weak and scratchy. I am going to ask his doctor about it tomorrow so we will see. He has also had a lot of drainage so that might be the case.
1 comment:
Janna~ I am so glad that Blake is doing so well. Man, he's getting to be such a big boy now. It's great that he is doing so well without the nasal canula. He looks so big in the pictures you posted but pictures are so deceving. Hopefully not much longer and you guys will be at home. I'm excited for you guys. Hang in there...time flies! Again, i'm glad Blake is doing so well. We think about you guys everyday.
Post a Comment