Sunday, July 6, 2008
7-5-08 10 weeks old
No big changes right now. He gained weight and got up to 4.5 lbs and then lost some weight and then gained again today and he is up to 4 lbs 6 oz. He has been doing good and is getting used to his new crib. Rob came in this weekend and has gotten to see and hold Blake a lot so far. I keep itching to get him back in my arms but I give Rob his time with his baby boy. They are going to take his feeding tube out of his intestines tomorrow and put it in his tummy. Tonight he got a bath. While he was still naked Rob was holding him while I got his diaper out and his blanket so we could get him dressed. I was joking and told Rob to be careful or he would get pee'd on. Well apparently Blake took it to heart but instead pooped all over Robert. Luckily he had a blanket under him so Robert only got half of it on his arms and clothes. But Blake had to get wiped down again because his back was covered in it. His nurse and I got a really good laugh out of it. I told Rob he has officially been christened as a daddy. They are going to check all his blood levels tomorrow to see if they can wean him off of any of the meds and additives that he gets daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so happy to see that Blake is growing and progressing. It is exciting that you will be able to take him home soon. And, that is great that Robert got initiated with the poopy mess- it was going to happen sometime. Melanie
Post a Comment