Wednesday, July 2, 2008
7-1-08
We are at 4 lbs. 3 oz. He gained 2 oz over night. I guess it is really helping him gain weight by having me split the milk in to the fore milk that contains no fat and the hind milk that is all fatty. They are still giving him just the hind milk right now. It seems to be puttin weight on him. He actually has some little chubby cheeks and his abdominal area is filling in nicely as well. Before his chest was caved in and you could see his ribs and his tummy poked out. Now, it seems to all be evened out, you can still see his ribs some but not nearly as bad as before. I had to change his diaper like 3 times in a row, because each time I changed it, he pooped again. Poor things tummy must have been hurting. He is doing much better now when I hold him. He has gotten used to the nasal cannula. While I was holding him he turned his head towards my chest and tried to latch on to my t-shirt several times. It made me laugh every time he did it. The doctor said that he could go ahead and try to root and latch whenever I kangaroo held. We are hoping that by the end of the week or next week sometime they will move his feeding tube back into his stomach. Then once it is there they will see how he does. If he handles it well we can start him on bottles soon. Keep your fingers crossed. So he is gestationally 35 weeks today. He is the size of a 33 weeker bc he was two weeks behind when he was born but he is finally putting on some weight. He was fussy for a little bit so I picked him up and started patting his back a little. Wow he let out a huge belch. It was loud enough that his nurse who was sitting two isolets down heard him. She and I both started laughing. This evening I tried doing the whole nuzzling, sucking thing with Blake and he just was not having it, he wanted to suck on his passy instead. I always swore I would never breast feed because it grossed me out, but now I am chaning my mind. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be. He wanted that passy so bad, so I tried to trick him by putting the passy in front of me, got him to suck on it and then snuck it away real quick so he had me instead. Yea that worked all of 5 seconds till he figured it out and threw a fit. Lol he is a smart little cookie. So we will keep trying. Takes practice right. Besides he can't feed yet, so it is just getting him used to it from what the doctor said. Oh they had to move his IV because his veins in his arms were not holding. They put it in his scalp above his forehead. Ouch, it looks painful but doesn't seem to bother him any. Ok so I think I am all caught up for the entire weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How gorgeous is that smile!?!?! He is so darn adorable!!! I am very relieved that he is doing so well without the cpap, I can't imagine how you must feel. Keep up the great work Blake!
What a cutie! I love his smile! I still haven't been able to catch Brennan's, who is 4 days older, smile on camera. I am glad he is doing well off of the cpap, and finally starting to grow again. I am glad you had a nice shower.
Hey Janna,
Don't give up on the breast feeding thing. It took Paige a good two weeks before she got the hang of it. It was very frustrating, but we worked it out. I'm so bummed I missed the shower. Paige had a viral throat infection and I didn't want to bring germs around you. Blake looks great! Cutie! -Sara
Post a Comment