Marie "Mimi" and Blake
Uncle Jeff and Blake
(this is the only sleeper outfit that actually fits him, it shrunk a lot)
Me feeding Blake
Kisses
Go night-night little man
Blake trying really hard to stay awake
I did not get much sleep last night. I went up there at 12:30 am and he was so hungry. He has to get used to having the feeling of hunger, because he has never felt it before since all his feeds went into his intestines. Now he is getting it and he is so cranky. His nurse was able to talk the doctor into letting him have an extra bottle and he took the whole 10 and then when I gave him his passy to suck on he got so angry once he figured out nothing was coming out of it. He wanted that bottle back so bad. So he basically threw a fit from around 2:00 till 3:30 in the morning. He would calm down for 5 minutes and then back to screaming again. His nurse and I took turns trying to comfort him. I finally got him to quiet down and got him into bed sometime around 4 and was able to go home and go to bed. Wow I was tired. I looked like a walking zombie. I got a little upset while at the NICU last night. Isabelle, the little twin that survived was having a bad night and had to be put back on the ventilator. They were having a hard time keeping her stable. All I could do was stare at her and think of how Blake was the same size of her and how he went through a lot of the same stuff. He was so small and looking at her brought back all the memories and I started getting sad and upset. I looked at him and thanked God for our little angel and the blessings he is bringing us every day. His nurse talked to the doctor this morning and they went up on his bottle feedings to 30 cc's twice a day and the rest is through his tube. He loves it. It wears him out and he goes right to sleep. Rob's mom and brother came to visit today. They both got to hold him and visit. It was the first time Jeff had seen him. They are all saying his has my eyes. Lovely aren't they haha. Oh they did up his reflux meds to try and help with all the reflux he has been having. It has seemed to help and he has not had as much residual the past few days. They also had me sign approvals for him to be able to be vaccinated. He is getting to be a big boy now. He weighed in at 4 lbs 8 oz last night and tonight 4.9, he gained an ounce today. He had been staying around 4.6 this whole week and had lost several grams but it looks like he has come back up, or they could have just weighed him right after he ate. Poor Rob had to work this weekend. He picked up an extra on call that was available to try and get some overtime to help us out, so he did not come up. He did however have to deal with my pet rat…yes I said rat dying last night. I have had her for about 3 1/2 years. She was my classroom pet for the kindergarten class I taught back in The Woodlands. She was the sweetest thing and loved attention. They only live about 3 years so she had a long life. Rob had a hard time with it because he was scared to tell me and the fact that he saw her not feeling well and went over and got her out to give her some love. He put her back and she started begging for him to pet her again and was breathing hard. He petted her and closed her cage and when he walked back by she was laying down in the same spot but not alive this time. He is such a great husband and loving man. He has been so strong this whole time for me and I guess it finally just all hit him at once and he broke down. He has done so much for our family and I love him more than anything for it. Ok I am being all mushy and stuff so I will stop. So we are hoping to be out in the next three weeks. Fingers crossed. I am so scared to leave but at the same time, so excited. I can't wait to be home with Rob and our friends and family. Ok so this evening he got upset again because he wanted a bottle. I kept trying to rock him to sleep and he wanted nothing to do with that. I changed his diaper which helped him calm down. Then I sat him up and that to see if he just wanted to sit up and sure enough, he wanted to hang out with the big kids. Haha. He sat up for about 30 minutes or so just watching everybody else, grunting, burping, and chillin’ out. He loved it. He also loves to be bounced, vibrated and patted on the back. Those vibrating seats and beds are going to come in very handy…ooh which reminds me I need to get his pac-n’-play. That is kinda of a play-yard/sleeping bed but for infants and has a changing table attached so you can use it anywhere in the house and take it on trips. The bed vibrates and plays tunes, gotta love it. I need to make a list of everything I am going to need before we go home, find a pediatrician, get my house cleaned “sterilized”, see an Internal Specialist, and much-much more. Ahhh how long till he gets out??? So maybe I have 3 weeks. Oh my goodness, I am going to be busy.
1 comment:
Three weeks???? Holy cow!!! He has really come a long way. What a personality he seems to be developing. He is getting so big too! As for you....I'm not even going to say it, you know....!!!! Take care, Isabelle and her family are in my thoughts and prayers as well as all of you!!! LOVE YA BLAKESTER!!!
Post a Comment