After he pulled his nasal canula off
very amused at himself for being able to take it off
Sleep boy
AuntE (Auntie Erin)
Uncle John
Passed out cold
Sleepy boys after a feeding
Daddy feeding Blake
Loving the bottle
Me Blake and cousin Linda
Mommy and Blake
He is either playing hide and go seek or he thinks he is super man. We came in and we was sleeping like this.
After getting his canula taken off today. Still has the feeding tube
Ok lots of changes, I hope I can remember them all. First he is at 5 lbs! Yea, Well technically now he is 5 lbs 3 oz. Friday Rob came in. Blake decided he did not want his nasal canula anymore and pulled it off. His nurse let him try and bottle with out it to see how he did. He held his own and did great. She talked to the doctor and they took the pressure down on his canula to 1/2 liter. He was at 1 liter of pressure. John and Erin came in Friday night and both held him. They are very much in love with their new nephew. Saturday my cousins Linda and Carol both came to see Blake. Carol had not seen him yet but Linda did a few days after he was born. Big difference from 12 weeks ago. Oh yea he is 12 weeks now. Yeah! So Rob got to bottle feed Blake for the first time. He did very good. I did my best not to jump in and fix things when they didn't go just right. He has to get his own groove down. He will get it, he is a great daddy already. Blake started taking around 55-60 cc's of milk each bottle feeding. Today they changed it to two feedings by bottles and one by tube. They think he will be at all bottles in a couple days. The biggest shocker of all, when we walked in this afternoon they were taking Blake off his oxygen. WHOOHOO! He has been doing great all day with out it. He has had a few desats but not too many. The director of the unit called me today, he never calls me. He was working and checked Blake over. He said he thinkgs there shouldn't be a reason why he won't get out by his 40 week mark in two weeks. Holy cow, going home in two weeks, freakin out a little here. I am scared and excited all at the same time. In the next few days they are going to try and take him off his Reglin and Prilosec. If he starts barfing, he goes right back on it. It has been helping out a lot to clear out his stomach and keep everything moving. After all that they will then try to take him off the Theoflin which is basically like caffine. If he shows that he has to stay on it they will send him home with it and a monitor. If he does good and does not need it then no meds and monitor. Part of me wants a monitor just to make me feel better for the first week or so. They are going to do a sleep test and car seat test to make sure he can withstand everything with out issues. The car seat test is where he has to sit in a car seat for 8 hours, holy crap, I couldn't even sit in a car for 8 hours. That sucks bad for him. He is going to get majorly cranky. They are also going to circumcise him probably two days before he leaves. Great do the deed and then give him to me when he is pissed off and cranky. That stinks for me. haha oh well I will take him how I can get him. Ok I just typed a bunch of stuff here and the stupid computer locked up and lost it all and I have not idea what I wrote. I am way too tired considering it is 3;15 in the morning. So I know there is probably stuff I am forgetting but if I remember it tomorrow I will write it in. Keep your fingers crossed...two more weeks and we are outta here!
6 comments:
Awesome news Janna! Brandt came home on caffeine for 1 1/2 months and a monitor for 4 months. 8 hours in a carseat is crazy! We had to do a 1 hour carseat test. He'll be home before you know, and you will do great.
WOW JANNA
THE BABY IS SO BIG AND DOING SO WELL. IT'S NICE THE WAY HE IS GETTING USED TO REGULAR CLOTHES, BOUNCERS, SWINGS, ETC BEFORE HE GOES HOME. I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT THE MONITOR, I'D WANT HIM ON IT WHEN HE FIRST GETS HOME, TOO.
NO SENSE TAKING ANY CHANCES, PLUS YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO RELAX, TOO.
I HOPE YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE EVENS OUT SOON. WHEN YOU SAID THERE WEREN'T MANY STATISTICS ON HELPP SYNDROME BECAUSE MOST WOMEN DON'T SURVIVE ... WOW... NOW I SEND "GOOD BP VIBES" YOUR WAY EVERY DAY. TAKE CARE, SARA FROM GC
John and I are so happy that we got to hold Blake--he is soooo cute and soooo sweet! We are so glad that we got to hang out with yall too--cant wait until you return home so we can do it more often. We love y'all!
Congrats on how well Blake is doing. I am so happy for you all. He is a beautiful little boy!
Grammy and GranDan LOVE our Blake (and our Janna and Robert). Hugs from Mom E.
Check out the double chin!!!! LOVE IT!!! I laugh every time Blake decides he is done with something and just takes it out himself. Hope potty training goes as smoothly LOL...Anyway, I am very excited for you to be taking that little fella home, and I can totally understand wanting to take a monitor. It's scary enough to take your first baby who was full term with no issues....Anyway, give him lots of love from Grove City...Thinking of you all....
Jenn
Post a Comment