Monday, June 16, 2008
5-15-08 Happy Father's Day
Happy Father's Day to Robert! He is such a great daddy to Blake. We slept in this morning because we did not leave the hospital last night until after 2am. So we were a little tired. They took him off his IV today and this evening upped his feedings to 9.5 cc's every hour. He is still on a continuous feed but is having a lot of residual coming up. He amazed us again today. When we got there, he was laying on his tummy. He decided he was not happy there anymore and put his arms and hands up by his chest and pushed up his entire upper body and head. Then he layed back down and lifted his head up with out using anything but his neck and willpower. His nurses jaw dropped and so did ours. He is getting very strong in many ways. Just wish his lungs would heal. He had several bradys while Rob held him and then when we put him back up. He was just tired I guess and didn't want to work to breathe anymore. Good news is that he is up to 3 lbs 6 oz and is 15 inches long. Rob left this evening to go back home. We will miss him but the weeks go by pretty quickly so we will see him again next weekend. I thought my bp was holding ok with the 200 mg in the morning and 100 at night, but apparently my body didn't like it too much. I took it this evening and it was 145/109. I called my doctor on his cell and he told me to take the other 100 mg. After a couple of hours it took it down some to 139/93. Geeshy don't know what to. Oh well we are working on both of us I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, girlfriend, this is your mother speaking. It sounds like you're trying to do too much too fast...again. I know you can hear my voice in your head. It's saying "It's time for your nap!" Remember, honey, you have to take care of yourself so you'll be able to take care of Blake when he gets to go home. Daddy and I love you lots. Hugga Hugga. Mom E.
Okay Janna...I told your dad, it would be real hard on me, but I'll just come down there and take care of you and stare at that cute little baby all day (lol). Take care!
Post a Comment