Sunday, June 1, 2008
6-1-08
Not too many changes today. Just a little bit harder with is breathing. The doctor today said he is going to start Blake on a steroid med that they give to asthmatics. Since he takes short breaths and his air does not reach all the way down into his lungs and fill them up, they feel the steroids will not hurt him any. Because of the short breaths, by the time the meds reach his lungs, it will only be a small amount left. So it will help some and not hurt him. He is not as swollen today, but is running higher on his oxygen still because of not having any diaretics in his system. Rob had to drive back to Houston today. I held Blake this evening. He slept the whole time and was comfy but his Oxygen levels were just not stable at all. He was really low a lot of the time. He is just having a hard day. I walked more today. I walked out of the hospital this evening (well I walked behind the wheel chair really slow pushing and holding on to it) and when I got home to take my bp, it was sorta high. Tomorrow is going to be interesting. I have to stop my meds cold turkey and see what happens. Wish me luck! I am also making my mom go see her doctor when she gets back home. Her blood pressure has been extremely high and though she is not on nearly as much meds as I am on, she needs to be put on more. She has been working so hard to take care of me and spend time with Blake, she is wearing herself out. She refuses to go to sleep until I do and then has to make sure I wake up for my 4:00 pump time and every 2 hrs after that. I am going to try and do it on my own tomorrow morning so that I can get used to waking myself up. Yeah good luck right? haha. She needs to rest when she goes back to Ohio on Wednesday, because she sure hasn't done that down here. But I appreciate all she has done and love her very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Janna!
Love the pictures of Robert and Blake! So adorable! It's so nice to hear he is growing so well. 1lb! Wow! It won't be long now when you can bring him home. We can't wait to meet little Blake.
Love,
Sara
Those pictures have to be some of the most adorable!!! Blake doesn't look like such a smurf when he lies on your chest now. Janna, don't worry about the milk production. I had the same problem with my first, and I had no other issues to deal with. By the time I had my last, I could've fed triplets! Take care. Your dad is anxiously awaiting your mom's arrival.
Baby Blake looks so content when you or Robert hold him. Did you know your pictures are the "wallpaper" on most of our computer screens at work? God bless you all, and keep you safe.
Post a Comment