Daddy and Blake
Cpap- the 8 is the flow air going in and the 21% is the room air, his rate and Pimp are turned off! Hopefully soon the 8 will go to a 6 and then off completely!
Cpap machine
Me suctioning his spit while giving him a bath.
Wide awake while we dry him off..looks like little alien eyes, haha.
Happy boy! More of an accurate size...compare him to Rob's hands.
Blake looking at his daddy after his bath....all clean! Wow he looks big in this picture...wish he really was.
You lookin' at me?
Blake half dressed in his onesie.
Well sorry for not updating for a couple days. I have been at the hospital until late at night (early in the morning) and by the time I get back to the RMHC I am exhausted and go to bed. Let's see. They reduced his rates on his cpap the other day because he was doing a better job of breathing this week. He has had to have suppositories every day to help clear out his intestines. Boy does it ever clear them out. He did have a little more A&B's when they went down on the rates but he was trying to adjust to them. His weight has been fluctuating and today he was 3 lbs. 5 oz. I ran into my doctor in the hallway at the hospital. He is sending me to an Internal Specialist because my bp is fluctuating still and he thinks I have developed Hypertension. That bites if I have because that really increases my chances of developing Superimposed Preeclampsia again. (not just regular preeclampsia but severe.....that really bites). So on to the good news for today. They took Blake off of his rates on his Cpap and went cold turkey to see what he would do. They are keeping the constant air blowing in so that his lungs stay inflated, but he is doing the breathing on his own now. He has done so great today on it. As of earlier he had not had any Brady's at all. This week he has turned a complete corner and has been doing great. I don't know what it is but something kicked in. They told me last week when he was getting over his infection that they felt like he would be on his cpap machine for atleast 4 more weeks. Now if he continues to do well with out the rates he might get off the cpap machine in a week or so. WOHOOO! He looks so big in the pictures we took of him at his bath tonight but he really isn't and is only 3 lbs. He looks like a newborn in the pics and when you see him in person, he is so tiny. It is funny that way. He was wide awake for the bath and did not even fuss that much. He held Rob's finger while I washed him. When his passy fell out of his mouth at one point, Blake pulled Rob's finger to his mouth and started sucking on his nuckle. I started laughing because it was so cute. Earlier in the day Rob held him for an hour and Blake just slept the whole time. He was out cold. Very comfortable in his daddy's arms. I kangaroo'd him tonight before his bath and he fussed until they put him on me and as soon as he hit my chest he got quiet and went right to sleep. I found some teenytiny onesies and shrank them even smaller to where they are the right length for him but are still a little wide. He still blows bubbles and spits up like crazy but who wouldn't with all those tubes in them. Little man slobbers so much they have to change out his tabe constantly because it gets wet and peels up, then his tubes come out, so we can't have that. He was very pale to me the other day but they started back up his other shot for his bone marrow that promotes red cell growth and he is looking a little better. They did a blood work up today and said it looked pretty good. They also added more fortifiers to his milk that gives him extra calories and vitamiins. Anway that is our update for today as well as the last couple days. I get a little sidetracked so I don't always update every day, especially if there are no changes, but I am trying hard to write on here as much as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment