Ok so my doctor called in the Internal Specialist that was on call tonight. My doctor came and saw me again and sat down and talked to me and mom for a good while. He said that he wanted a second opinion regarding meds because of the fact that he is an ob gyn and usually treats women who's bp decreases with in several days. Since mine is not responding properly to the normal meds he wants someone that deals with internal meds to see me and decide if we should change something or not. The internal specialist came and saw me and talked to me about everything. He said that there were only a few meds we could try because of me pumping milk for Blake and the other one I was on makes my bp bottom out. So he looked up those few meds we could try. One came up as not ok to use with breastmilk and the other didn't have any info and were not in the safe category. That leaves us with what I am on. He said that I have only been on the new med since this afternoon and he wants to see what it does with in 24 hrs. If my bp is still elevated tomorrow he will bump it up from 25 mg to 50 mg (which means I will be here another night). If that does not work, we will reevaluate at that point. I am also maxed out on the first bp med at 800 mg (200 4x a day). My doctor also gave me a recommendation of a great ob gyn back in Houston for when I get home to go and see since I am going to be changing doctors. Not happy at all with the one I had.
Blake has been having a really hard day. We went to see him around 8:45 pm. When we got there I saw on the monitor where he had just had several little spells with his breathing. His nurse said that his sats dropped really low a couple times. So low that she had to remove the connection of the cpap and bag him with 100% oxygen. He low satted several times when we were in there and talked to him to try and get him to come back up. He heard my voice and started to open his eyes. I opened the door to the arm whole and put my face down in front of it so that he was able to see me and he just stared at me while I talked to him. He did the whole open and closing his eyes several times till he finally tired out and fell back asleep. He ws supposed to have a bath at 11:30 tonight but because of his sats they said he might not so we will find out in a little bit.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment