Monday, May 26, 2008

5-25-08


Luckily the nurse ended up having just enough milk left to feed Blake through the night and morning. We got back just in time to bring in milk for the next feeding. When we came in he was high satting and was on 22% oxygen. YEAH! That is what we want. He had been floating through out the day between 22-28 the nurse said. I held him and he did such a great job. Rob's mom Marie and my mom both saw him awake while I held him. He stayed in the 90's pretty much the entire time on his levels. He got upset when the nurse took him off my chest to put him up in his isolet. After we went back to the house and got some rest Robert and I came went back up to see Blake for his bath. I got to give it to him again. He only got upset when I would squeeze the warm water on his tummy. The whole time I was washing him, he just looked at me. Robert was standing behind me so when he poked his head around my shoulder and said something Blake turned his head a little bit and looked back to where Robert was standing. It was too cute. He was wide awake the whole bath and after. He was very calm and relaxed as I washed him. He just did not like me rinsing him off. Once I dried him and wrapped him up he was happy again. The nurse weighed him and he was 2 lbs 2 oz. Because of the diaretics he is on he has been losing some weight. But he is now 14 inches long, so he is growing. When the nurse does her assessment, I moved around to the other side of the isolet to hold his little hand. His face was turned toward her so when she finished I decided to move back around to the other side so he could see me. When I let go of him and went to grab the chair to move around he started to d-sat and then went into an apnea spell. I opened up the side and started to pat his back and he began to come up some. The nurse rushed in on the other side so I backed off and started talking to him. It took him a while to come out of it. His heart rate went up to 100 and then dropped again and then rose aned dropped several more times. He struggled to pull out of it, but once he finally did, he stayed stable. The RT came to do his suctioning after that. He had a lot of thick mucus that was giving him a hard time. He had an easier time breathing after she suctioned him. He did a great job on his back. That was the longest he has been on his back to date and tolerated it pretty well. We left once he was on his tummy and passed out sleeping. All that work wore him out. My bp on the other hand has stayed in the 90's today. At least it is not any higher than that. It is on its way down.

No comments: