Monday, May 26, 2008
5-26-08
Ok I found out today I have been calling apneas the wrong name. A&B's are apneas and brachycardias and I have been calling the B's the apneas. When I talk about the apneas I should have been saying Brachacardia's or just A&B's so I aplogize for that. I have been mixed up when it comes to the technical terms. I am still learning. So from now on I will say the correct names. I figured this out when I asked his evening nurse how many apneas he has had and she said 10 since her shift started at 7. I totally freaked out. Then once I calmed down I asked her 10 heart rate drops and she said no. So that is when she explained the correct terms to me. We went to see him around lunch and they had lowered some of his rates on his c-pap machine and was also at 21 % room air when we walked in so I was totally excited. I held him and my brother and sister-in-law and my brother's best friend came to see Blake. They each came in one at a time while I was holding him. He woke up for a little bit and then fell back asleep. He high-satted the entire time. He gave me a nice poopy diaper to change once I got done holding him. We left and went back to the house so Rob could get ready to drive home before it got dark. I called to check on him a little while ago and he has been having a hard evening. They had to turn back up the levels on his c-pap machine. He was having a bunch of d-sat episodes. They think he is getting sick and developing a new infection so the doctor started him on antibiotics. I was debating going up and seeing him or going to bed and the nurse told me that I should rest because there is nothing I can do right now. I feel like I should be there because he high sats when I am there but then when I leave his sats drop, so I figured that would be bad for him after all. I want him to stay as stable as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Janna,
Just wanted you to know I have been praying for you and Blake. Hang in there... you are tough so I know everything will be alright. If there is anything you need done here in LP let me know. I will keep praying. Jennifer Lopez
Hey Janna & Robert,
Sounds like you had a nervous day. I'm praying Blake doesn't get sick like the doctors are thinking. You make sure you are getting your rest too. All your old neighbors are praying for you guys!
God Bless,
Sara
Jenna,
I have not been able to read the blog for a few days and had to catch up on all the news. It is amazing how well he is growing and how much he has grown.
When I looked at the most recent photos he seemed so bit. As they say every thing is realative!!!
Take care of yourself and little baby Blake.
Marilyn (GCMC lab)
Post a Comment