Sunday, May 11, 2008
5-12-08- Mother's Day
This is definitely not how I imagined spending Mother's Day, but at least I get to spend it with Blake. Robert left this afternoon to go home and they are still not releasing me. Maybe tommorrow. I have now had my third round of meds for the day and my bp is still holding around 145/102. Not horrible but not great. I keep getting bad headaches because of the high bp and they give me motrin for it but it usually only works for about half and hour and then comes back. The highlight of my day was when I got to change Blake's diaper and take his temp though. Wow did he leave me a nice Mother's Day present. Talk about a poopy diaper. Nice and messy! They went up on his feedings to 10 cc's. They put him on his back today and he lasted a whole hour with out horrible issues. He was not happy to be on his back and was letting the nurse know it. he kept throwing his arms and legs around every once in a while. He does really good when I come in to see him. His saturation level goes up so she gets to turn down his O2 a little. They tell me he likes me being there. I hope so. He did however have 5 apneas just this morning, but he has had his second round of Lasix so hopefully that will help out some with the fluids. Because of the Lasix he hasn't gained any new weight but the good thing is he hasn't really lost any either. He also let out a big burp when we were there. His burps come out through his feeding tube and it creates bubbles in the syringe. Normally they are just small bubbles, but this time the bubbles went all the way to the top of the syringe. It was pretty funny. He is also still having blood come up in his feeding tube from his tummy so they have started him on Zantac to see if that will help. We are hoping it is just from irritation because they have not found any huge bleeds when they do his ultrasounds. That is also good. The nurses have to keep a chin strap on him to keep his mouth closed so that the air from his cpap will not escape out. He fights it and constantly tries to open his mouth and stick his fingers in it. They have started putting a passifier in to help and he sucks on it like crazy. Way to cute. Then he gets tired and spits it out and returns his fingers. He is a fighter and is showing that every day. I am in for a world of trouble when we finally get home. lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment