Sorry for not updating yesterday. I have been having a tough time. Monnday night I began having abdominal pains, high blood pressure and vomiting. My wonderful mom who has been taking care of me like no other took me to the emergency room. She called my doctor who called the ER and told them to take me directly upstairs to the labor and delivery unit. My liver enzymes were elevated again and I was relapsing. They started me on Magnisium which sucks because it makes you feel like you have the flue and I had already been vomiting so it made my nausea ten times worse so of course I began throwing up some more. They kept me on the Mag. for 24 hrs and just took me off this morning. I am now in a room in the postpartum area where I thought I would recover with no issues. I went and saw Blake this morning and began feeling bad so I came back to my room to lay down. Once in my room I laid down for a while and then tried to pump some milk for Blake. I began feeling dizzy and started having heart palps. We got the nurse and the next thing I knew I had four extra nurses and my doctor hovering over me. My blood pressure had bottomed out at 63/40 and continued to drop. My lungs started tightening and my asthma decided to kick in. So I had more blood taken, IV's going, breathing machine, you name it they were doing it to me. It took about three hours to where I was finally stable and my blood pressure came back up to 101/65. They took a chest x-ray sice I have had some fluid on my lungs and coughing when I lay down. So that is pretty much where I am at right now, lying in a hospital bed..AGAIN with MASSIVE gas pressure lol and hating every minute of it. My doctor took me off my bp meds for the day. The second bp med I am on is a time released one so it kicked in later in the day when I was already stable andtook my bp down farther than it should have making me have the attack I had. He is goig to monitor my bp w/out meds and we will see if my bp stays stable tonight and tomorrow w/out it. Keep your fingers crossed that it does. The doctor said that since I had developed such a severe case of preeclampsia, it is possible for me to relaps more than once so I am going to have to be very careful and get plenty of rest throughout the day. Hopefully I will get released from the hospital in the next couple days.
Ok Blake...the sweet baby boy. His doctor told us that his echo showed that his PDA has closed. YEAH! NO SURGERY. He said that it could re-open any time, but for now it is closed. As of right now his blood culture has not grown any new bacteria yet, but he is still on his antibiotics just in case. Let's see. I didn't get to see him all day Tuesday since I was doped up in a hospital bed. But Tuesday night around 11:30pm my nurse and mom took me up to the NICU to watch his nurse give him a sponge bath. So me my nurse and my parents (oh yea my dad flew back in since I relapsed. Such a worrier lol..that's a parent right) I had so many wires, tubes and things attached it took everyone to wheel me up there and hang on to all the tubes. lol
His bath-He did not like it at all. He got so mad his head started to turn purple. He cried (well his little whimper that he lets out) and he scruntched his eyes all up and threw his hands and legs around. My first instinct was to pick him up and hold him but I knew I couldn't so I sat there helpless. I gave him my finger to hold when she got done and he calmed right down. I started to talk to him and he opened his eyes up and looked back at where my voice was coming from. I thought he was just doing it just because but the nurses there told me that he could hear where it was coming from and was looking towards me even if he couldn't see me yet. They bumped his feedings up to 2cc's yesterday and today to 3cc's every 3 hrs since he is tolerating the milk so well. Yes I am pumping...totally thought it would weird me out but it's not so bad. Kinda of natural now. He has gained some weight on his face so he does not look as much like a little old man now. He is still having apnea spells.
This morning Tiffany and I went and saw him and while his nurse was changing him, his ambilical cord fell off. It looks like a little dried up raisin. lol He had an apnea spell while I was sitting there and I panicked once his heart rate didn't pick back up so I tapped him on the bottom a few times and he began to breathe again. His nurse had stepped out really quick to put up the milk I gave her. I know I should have waited a little bit longer so that she or another nurse could see bc she wasn't gone but a few seconds but my mommy instincts kicked in and I panicked. I tried really hard to wait but I freaked when his heart rate went into the 80's. After that is when I started to feel bad and we went back to my room where my blood pressure decided to bottom out. Since his PDA is closed we will hopefully start seeing some progress with his lungs. Keep the prayers coming, they are helping more than you know!
I added the pictures from his bath to the Photobucket account. There are pics from my camera and from my mom's. Speaking of, my mother has been so wonderful. She has put her career on hold so that she can take care of me, because Robert has to work back in Houston during the week. She has done everything from doing my laundry to cleaning my milk pumps. She has not gotten any sleep trying to take care of me and I feel so guilty because of it. THANK YOU MOM if you read this. I would be in a lot of trouble if she wasn't here helping me. I know one thing. Blake is going to be one spoiled little boy by his grandparents and parents.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
GLAD TO SEE YOUR FEELIN A LITTLE BETTER SO YOU CAN AT LEAST USE THE COMPUTER. WE CHECK ON YOU AND BLAKE EVERY NIGHT BEFORE WE GO HOME. GLAD YOU BOTH ARE DOING BETTER. THATS PRETTY SCARY STUFF.THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AGAIN,
3-11 PATI AND MARILYN
Glad you are feeling better, and that Blake doesn't have to have surgery!!!! Our prayers are being answered!!! As for your dad...lol...He does worry about you very much! He has spoken about you often and kept us updated throughout your pregnancy. I know it must have been very hard to leave you and Blake, but there was no hesitation to rush back. He knew where he needed to be. Lt. Dan, if you see this, we will behave, and sorry, but we now have a new favorite Texan...He's a little heavier than a feather, and not much bigger than a hand, and cute as a button!!!! Janna, I personally CANNOT WAIT until Blake is better and you all come to visit your parents. You better come see us so we can give that baby some lovin' !!!! Take Care!!!!
Post a Comment