Robert went back home today. It is hard when he leaves but I know he will be back next weekend. He was pretty stable through out the day. One of his doctor came and told us that they were going to start him on Vitamin A shots three times a week. Poor little thing he doesn't even have enough fat on him for the shots. They are going to put it in his upper legs. He is also developing Chonic Lung Disease also known as CLD. There are different stages they said and he is at the beginning right now. If it progresses it lead to permanent issues for later on in his life. Since his little body is not making red blood cells, they are going to start him on a medicine that helps his body to make them that way he does not have to have all the blood transfusions and it will help his lungs to begin to heal and keep the CLD from progressing. We hope all this works. While we were there I went to go pump and I took my finger away from him cause he was holding it and high satting and he immediately started dropping so I had Robert put his hand back in Blake as ok then. He was happy with his daddy. After Robert went home we went back to see him in the evening. I got to kangaroo hold him again. He did so much better this time. He stayed high satting almost the entire time. I guess he knew when his time was up because his oxygen levels dropped and he started getting fussy. He was done and wanted to go back to bed. Then after the nurse let my mom (his nana) change his diaper. She was so excited. So she changed the first one...took her a while lol it has been a long time since she has changed a diaper. She kept getting the tabs stuck to the diaper. So she put on the new one and went to close it and he peepee'd on her finger. I went to grab the diaper to help her with the tab and stuck my finger right in it. Nice right. I quickly grabbed a new diaper and she put it on with out getting hit this time. That is about it for last night.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment