.jpg)
Thank you to my brother John for setting this awesome blog up. I have had so many wonderful people calling to get updates that I forget who I have talked to and told which update to whom. So, we came up with the idea to make a sight for everyone to go to for Blake's updates.
Let's see for those who didn't know, Robert and I went to New Breansfuls last Friday for a rehearsal dinner and wedding that I was supposed to sing at. A few days before I was having what I thought was indigestion that made it where I could not sleep for several nights. On the Friday when we got to the church I developed what I thought at the time was very very bad heart burn. I took several rolaids which did not work and the pain got worse. I took some more and it kept increasing. It got to the point where I was on my knees in tears and my family took me to the emergency room. I was immediately taken into labor and delivery where they found I had a lot of blood and protein in my urine (which is not normal). My liver enzymes were elevated and I began having contractions every two minutes. The pain in my upper abdomen was so severe that I had no idea I was having contractions. I went through three nurses to try and get an IV ran. I was so dehydrated for some reason that they could not get a vein and tried six times (with out numbing meds I might add due to it making my veins shrivel up the first time they tried with it) On the sixth try they finally got one on the top of my arm. I was finally given some medicine to make me tired and feel better. My blood pressure was at the time 185/100 and rising. They decided to life-flight me to San Antonio but returned saying they could not get me in anywhere there. The doctor decided to move me to Austin, but due to a really bad storm the helicopters could not take off so I was taken by ambulance to St. Davids in Austin, Tx. Before I left the doctors told me that if they could get my blood presssure down that I might be able to hold off delivering for three weeks. So I thought I was good to go.
After driving through hale and rain..yea it stunk, we hydroplaned half the time. Once we got there they took me right into a room where they immediatley took new blood and checked my blood pressure. It was 219/129 and kept rising. My liver enzymes showed that my liver was shutting down and my contractions continued. They put me on magnisium as well as some other meds to get my blood pressure down fast and told me that they had no choice but to take me in for a c-section right then and there. I did not find out till later that they told Robert that there was a 50/50 chance for both me and the baby at that point and he might have to make a decision. I was only 25 week 3 days pregnant and I had the most severe type of Preeclampsia they had seen at such an early gestation. Most women get it in the 3o+ weeks, not this early. On top of the Pre-eclampsia I had developed the severity side that contained Toximia and HELLP Syndrome (Hemolosis Elevated Liver Enzymes Low Platelets). I later found out that only 5-8% of women develop Preeclampsia and of that percentage only around 4% develop HELLP Syndrome and Toximia. Lucky me right. The only two other side effects that I THANK GOD did not have were seizures and death.
So on the early morning of Saturday April 26, 2008 at 2:34 a.m. I gave birth by emergency c-section to my sweet little baby boy Blake Daniel Pokluda. He was 1 lb 4.8 oz and was 11 inches long.
Let's see for those who didn't know, Robert and I went to New Breansfuls last Friday for a rehearsal dinner and wedding that I was supposed to sing at. A few days before I was having what I thought was indigestion that made it where I could not sleep for several nights. On the Friday when we got to the church I developed what I thought at the time was very very bad heart burn. I took several rolaids which did not work and the pain got worse. I took some more and it kept increasing. It got to the point where I was on my knees in tears and my family took me to the emergency room. I was immediately taken into labor and delivery where they found I had a lot of blood and protein in my urine (which is not normal). My liver enzymes were elevated and I began having contractions every two minutes. The pain in my upper abdomen was so severe that I had no idea I was having contractions. I went through three nurses to try and get an IV ran. I was so dehydrated for some reason that they could not get a vein and tried six times (with out numbing meds I might add due to it making my veins shrivel up the first time they tried with it) On the sixth try they finally got one on the top of my arm. I was finally given some medicine to make me tired and feel better. My blood pressure was at the time 185/100 and rising. They decided to life-flight me to San Antonio but returned saying they could not get me in anywhere there. The doctor decided to move me to Austin, but due to a really bad storm the helicopters could not take off so I was taken by ambulance to St. Davids in Austin, Tx. Before I left the doctors told me that if they could get my blood presssure down that I might be able to hold off delivering for three weeks. So I thought I was good to go.
After driving through hale and rain..yea it stunk, we hydroplaned half the time. Once we got there they took me right into a room where they immediatley took new blood and checked my blood pressure. It was 219/129 and kept rising. My liver enzymes showed that my liver was shutting down and my contractions continued. They put me on magnisium as well as some other meds to get my blood pressure down fast and told me that they had no choice but to take me in for a c-section right then and there. I did not find out till later that they told Robert that there was a 50/50 chance for both me and the baby at that point and he might have to make a decision. I was only 25 week 3 days pregnant and I had the most severe type of Preeclampsia they had seen at such an early gestation. Most women get it in the 3o+ weeks, not this early. On top of the Pre-eclampsia I had developed the severity side that contained Toximia and HELLP Syndrome (Hemolosis Elevated Liver Enzymes Low Platelets). I later found out that only 5-8% of women develop Preeclampsia and of that percentage only around 4% develop HELLP Syndrome and Toximia. Lucky me right. The only two other side effects that I THANK GOD did not have were seizures and death.
So on the early morning of Saturday April 26, 2008 at 2:34 a.m. I gave birth by emergency c-section to my sweet little baby boy Blake Daniel Pokluda. He was 1 lb 4.8 oz and was 11 inches long.
1 comment:
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
WE WILL TRY TO LOOSEN UP DAN BUT HE REALLY IS WRAPPED VERY TIGHT.
LAB PATI
Post a Comment