Blake had a good night last night. He only had two apnea spells, but then had a bunch in a row this morning. He had some thick mucus in the back of his throat so it was making it hard on him to breathe so the nurse suctioned it and he did better. He has had several spells today but is doing good. He keeps trying to flip himself out of his little sleeper that holds him in place. They have to put a gel pillow at the top of his head to keep him in place because he keeps pushing upwards with his legs and arms. Then when I was with him this morning he flipped himself up on his side and his nurse laughed and said he shouldn't be able to do that. He is being fiesty and shows he has his daddy's strength. His shoulders are very broad like Roberts. They said that if I had gone full term I might not have been able to push him out anyway since they are broad. He weighed in last night at 1 lb 11 oz. He is gaining weight yeah. The doctor moved him today up to 4 cc's of milk every three hours so we are progressing. His chest x-ray still shows his lungs really cloudy. The doctor said it is going to take some time for it to clear up, but with his pda closed it will help much more.
My blood pressure went up a little so I am back on one of my bp meds but only 100 mg instead of 300 mg. I feel much better today. I hope the doctor releases me tomorrow. It has been nice to be able to go over and see him whenever I want but I am racking up the charges being here. Anyway that is about it for today. Not a whole lot going on....that is a good thing. We are just hanging in here taking it day by day. Robert will be back here tomorrow after he gets done working. It is hard being away from him for a week but I know it is going to work out for us. God gave us an angel and he is becoming more and more beautiful every day. His poor lips and chin are so chapped from the tape that is holding his tubing in place. I feel so bad for him. Every time the respiratory therapist comes to suction him when I am there it makes me nervous. They take out all his tubing and he has to breathe completely on his own and he stresses out so they bag him a little giving him fresh air and then continue cleaning out all the mucus in his nose and mouth. Of course his bp drops and my heart jumps, but I know he will pull through it. Once they put the tubing back in he levels out and calms down. I do get to hold his little finger though when they do the suctioning and he squeezes it the entire time. He gets so upset but there is nothing I can do to help him. I just have to sit back and watch helplessly. I am falling more in love with him everytime I see him.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment