Monday, May 19, 2008

5-19-08

Well he got his first shot today and boy he was kranky the rest of the day. The entire day he was unhappy. Everytime I tried to talk to him or hold his finger he pushed it away and started to desat. He never does that. He is always highsatting when I talk to him. He did not want anyone talking to him or touching him. I hope it won't be like this every time he gets a shot. That is every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It broke my heart. I felt so bad for him. So when I went to Kangaroo hold him tonight it took him a while to be ok with it. He was kind of all over the place today with his oxygen levels. The entire time I was holding him he was squirming and pushing and grabbing at me. I had red marks in my chest from where he was pushing his knees into me. His levels were low when we first started then came up and stayed ok for a while. Then he would bounce back and forth on how he was doing. He then highsatted for a little bit longer and then dropped to where he was just not doing very well so we put him back in his bed. I got to do my whole time holding him so I was happy. I felt so bad for him. He moaned and groaned and when we moved him back to his bed he started crying. He cried when we got him out and then when we put him up. He does not liked to be moved, that is for sure. I hope tomorrow is better for him and he is more comfortable. Oh my mom did get to hold him though. The nurse got everything ready and then let her be the one who took him out of the incubator and put him in my hands. She was so excited. She has been having to life my wheel chair so much in and out of the truck, she has managed to give herself bruises on her legs from where it hits her. I am going to have to buy her a day at the spa lol. Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him. I just want him to feel comfortable and safe.

6 comments:

Jenn Hicks said...

Poor little guy! How exciting for you to get to hold him. Your mom must be just tickled to be there through all of this even if she is getting beat up, LOL. Oh, I made your dad laugh the other day...We were talking about all of you, and he said something about when your mom was expecting to come back. I told him to face it, she wasn't going to leave that baby...she would transfer to Texas, and I was sorry but we weren't allowing him to go with her, that they would have to set up some sort of visitation schedule. Our Pathologist was nearby, and I said, "Don't accept Dan's resignation. He'll just have to rack up frequent flyer miles." Your dad thought that was funny. Sorry Pam, you'll have to share custody..LOL. Anyway, I'm glad everything continues to get better and you get to cuddle with Blake daily. Take care!

Jenn Hicks said...

Janna and Pam...I was asked to let you both know that Kim Y. seconds that Dan is not going anywhere!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Janna--

Looks like Blake is getting bigger and healthier every day! I'm so excited that you got to hold him. Please know that we're all keep you, Rob and Blake in our prayers.

Love,
Sara

p.s. We're thinking about an SSHHP reunion in September. Blake will be out of the hospital by then, so maybe you and the family will be able to make it out to Lubbock? We'd love to see you and to meet your son!

Wright Family said...

Hi! This is Kathy (Brannan) Wright from high school!!! I saw you on the reunion myspace page and your page led me here! I am on Myspace (some)...but I tend to use my blog alot more :) You seem to have your arms full with a precious little one! Congrats on the bundle of joy! Enjoy every second!!!! Come by and say hi I'm praying for ya'll!

Erin said...

Blake is just getting cuter and cuter everyday--I love his little beanie with the little blue bow on it! You look so precious holding him-Mama Janna and Nana Pam-a heehee! We miss all of you so much! John and I cant wait to come visit again--this weekend is going to be so fun! We love you and are thinking of you and praying for you as always! See you soon! Love, Erin and John

thegcmclab said...

JANNA,
GLAD YOUR MOM GOT TO HOLD BLAKE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS FOR A SHORT TIME.IF YOUR DAD CANT LEAVE WORK,I GUESS I COULD TEAR MYSELF AWAY AND COME TO HELP, EVEN TOUGH I WOULD REALLY MISS GCMC LAB(HA).
HOPE TO READ MORE GOOD STUFF
LAB PATI