Monday, May 26, 2008
5-24-08
Blake has been having better days. He went all yesterday without any apneas and then at 10 pm he ended up having 4 within two hours. Oh well that is ok he did great during the day. The shower was great. I got to see all my family. The bad part was my blood pressure sky rocketed. I don't know why. I was sitting almost the entire time. I had to end up going to the bedroom and laying down because it wouldn't stop going up even with me sitting down resting and then laying on the couch. I then laid on the bed and it still was rising so we had to call my doctor's cell. He called us back and he was also out of town so he put in a call to the doctor on call at the hospital. That doctor called us and had me take extra Labadelol. It helped and my bp slowly dropped. By that night we had the bottom number down into the 90's which is way better than what it was. I have to go back and see my doctor on Tuesday. But I enjoyed seeing all my family. Blake is 4 weeks old today. Yeah! Oh the nurse called me and let me know that Blake was out of milk. Ok so I am in Kerville and have no way of getting milk to them. Because I am on diastolics for meds my milk is being drained from me. Since they upped his feedings I am having the hardest time keeping up with him. We tried to call several people that are staying at the Ronald McDonald house to see if they could take some in, but we never got ahold of them. I had to end up giving the nurses the ok to use donor milk from mom's who overproducec and donate it to the "milk bank". They filter the milk and then use it for moms like me. Talk about depressing that I can not keep up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment