Suctioning time...they are doing his mouth and throat here.
Awake waving arms
Daddy and Blake
Big Yawnnnnnn! Big mouth lol
Mommy and Blake
We went and saw Blake today. He had one of my favorite nurses there watching him. We got to spend about one and a half hours there with him. He was having issues with his tummy again and kept lifiting his tummy and butt all the way off the bed and grunting like he was trying to make a dirty diaper. When his nurse went to do his assessment and get him ready for his suctioning, she checked his diaper and there was only like a tiny spot of poop on there. She started laughing and said "All that work for this?" The respiratory therapist took the tape off his face because they change it out every day to couple days to keep it fresh. So we got to see his entire face. His poor little nostrils are so big right now because of the cpap tubes. They said that the nostrils will go down once he gets off the cpap. I started laughing and said I hope so because he looks like a little piggy right now. lol Right when she was taking off his tape, he decided he would help her out and put his hand up to the tubes and pushed them out of his nose so fast that he threw the tubes at her hands that were right next to the holes of the incubator. All of our jaws dropped and then we started laughing. Guess he doesn't like the tubes. lol I don't blaim him, I wouldn't either. He opened his eyes during suctioning and did good for a little bit and then she had to bag him because he was dropping his sats for a little bit. He wouldn't take any breaths. Normally they just put the bag over his face and he takes breaths of the oxygen, but they had to actually squeeze the bag continuously to push the breaths in. Then once he finally started breathing on his own he did good from that point on. He stayed awake for a long time and just watched us. We were able to take a lot of pictures. They turned off the lights so he could open his eyes with out it being too bright. The first time I tried to take a picture I had turned off the flash, but the little orange light still comes on right before to let you know it is taking and he did not like that at all. He flung his arms, squinched his eyes really tight and whined. He tried to roll himself on his side. After he calmed down, he stayed awake and let us take his pictures with his eyes open. He has also had less apneas today. Only two. YEAH! They have been bad ones but we are down on the number...at least today we are. His doctor also said that he has not had any more blood in his stool, his x-rays looked good, and he has a little less fluid in his lungs. He has also gained weight and is at 1 lb 14 oz. Robert said he looks so much bigger than last weekend. He is starting to fill out his skin. His hands and feet are so much bigger. I can't believe it has already been three weeks! Just two more ounces and we will be at two pounds. woohooo! I left for a little bit to go pump and let my mom come in with Robert (we can only have two people at a time in) and when I came back, Robert made the comment that he got really emotional while I was gone. He was holding Blake's passy in his mouth and Blake had a nice grip on Robert's finger. He was watching him and realized "We have a baby boy" and started to get tears in his eyes. I came back and could see he was just totally aww struck and in love with his baby. He is such a good daddy and loves him so much. I am so glad I was able to give him a little boy in case I can't have another baby. There is a very high chance that I will have preclampsia again if I get pregnant and because it was so severe this time it can be again. My doctor recommended someone who is a great doctor in Houston that will watch me closely and give me advise on what we should do when it comes to that point if we try again or not. Since I came so close to dying this time I am kinda scared about what might happen if I become pregnant again. I am just glad that Robert did not have to make that choice this time. The doctor told him right before we went in for surgery that he might have to. Thank you Lord that he didn't and we are both ok. My blood pressure has been all over the place today. I finally let my mom call my doctor and he said that if it goes any higher than what it was earlier to call him right away. One minute it is low and the next it is elevated. It goes up and down depending when I take my meds and if I am standing or not. We are watching it closely because I do not want to go back in. Dad if you are reading this I rested today and took at 3 hr nap... Robert and mom made me. My doctor told my mom to sit on me if she had to. So we are about to go back over and see Blake here in a second. I am going to add new pics to the photobucket site as well as put some on here. Thank you for all the prayers, they are helping so much!
2 comments:
HI JANNA
I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU AND BLAKE ARE DOING WELL. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOUR FAMILY THAT EVERYTHING KEEPS GOING WELL AND SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HOLD YOUR BABY BOY IN YOUR ARMS. I WOULD BE AN EMOTIONAL RECK BUT YOU MUST HAVE A LOT OF STRENGTH(NO WONDER BLAKE IS STRONG)TO ONLY CRY A FEW TIMES.
DEB AT GCMC LAB
Hi Janna,
Congrats on becoming a mommy! I will continue to pray for your family and that both you and Blake have a speedy recovery. It sounds like the little guy is doing a little better each day. You guys are in great hands at St Davids. I know 13 weeks seems like forever, but September will be here in no time. Keep your faith up and know that I am always here if you need anything. My parents still live in Austin and if you ever need a warm, cooked meal, etc you and your family are always welcome. My cell phone is still the same 512-350-6575, even though I live near San Antonio. I hope to see you guys soon. Please, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call... you aren't in this alone. Remember, God never gives you more than you can bear. You are one of the strongest women I know and are a wonderful mother. Keep thinking positive thoughts. I wish you all the best.
God Bless,
Becca (Sansom) Cook
Post a Comment