Monday, May 5, 2008
5-5-08
Well I spent a lot of time today with Blake. He was very good today. He held my finger just about the entire time I was there. He kept burping up bubbles of air out of his feeding tube. (he has gas lol) He only had one Apnea spell while we were there, but he brought himself out of it. He is doing good learning to pull himself back on his own and they are not very long either. It is scary because the nurse has to watch for a few seconds to see if he will breathe on his own and hnow long it lasts. If it goes too long then she steps in. Kelly is day nurse said they have to wait so that they can see how he is handling them and then they chart it. Right before we left he let us know his diaper needed to be changed and that he was wet. He squirms a lot when he is wet so the nurse changed him. Since she was messing with him she went ahead and did his vitals that they do every three hours. When she finished she rolled him on his left side for us to see him a little better and he opened his eyes half way to where he was squinting. He kept reaching out trying to grab on to something so I put my hand in the incubator a little bit in front of him and he found my fingers and grabbed a hold of one and began squeezing it. He would squeeze then let go and squeeze and let go. He was getting his work out. He kept running his hand up and down my finger checking it out. My mom made me leave for a little so that I could rest. I get exhausted even just sitting next to him in a chair, but I would stay there all day if they would let me. The attending doctor for the day called me with an update on Blake. He said that he felt like the medicine for the PDA is working. He did not really hear a murmur today, (YEAH!) so he ordered a Echo to be done in the morning tomorrow and they will check to see if the PDA is closing like he thinks it might be. I am praying it is. No word yet on if his blood infection is gone or not, but he is still being treated with antibiotics just in case. The doctor said his blood pressure is holding good and if his PDA is smaller they will start working on his nutrition and will up his milk intake to where it should be. That is it for right now. We have had a good day. I am very tired and my back has been hurting today. I have also been trying to go longer before taking my pain meds. So after I rest we will go back and see him this eveing. We appreciate all the prayers and so does Blake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dear Janna and Robert,
Just a little hello from the lab in Grove City PA to let you know that you are all being thought of and prayed for every second. I am soooooooo happy that the meds seem to working to close up the hole in Blake's little heart. Janna as the mother of four boys (no girls), (one named Austin LOL), I want you know that boys and their mamas have a special bond. Blake is already showing that to you. I have always lived by the saying that all things happen for a reason. God had you in Austin that weekend so that Blake could get the best care there is, no doubt. Also, always remember, if God takes you to it, He will bring through it. And finally....Don't over do it young lady...You have to take care of yourself in order to take care of Blake!!! Remember, your support system extends waaayyyy north of the Mason Dixon Line.
Love and Prayers,
Jenn Hicks
Janna- I just want you to know that Matt and I are thinking of you guys. Tiffany try's to keep us updated but now I can just go to this and read all about it! :) I am praying for you and Rob!! If you need anything let us know.
Matt and Candice Guenther
Friends of Tiffany and Clint :)
DEAR JANNA,ROBERT,PAM,DAN AND ESPECIALLY BLAKE,
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU. WE WILL BE WATCHING YOUR BLOG.
FROM YOUR EXTENDED FAMILY AT THE LAB ON 3-11
PATI, MARILYN AND DIANE
Robert and Janna,
We are praying for you and little Blake. I am so glad your brother set up this site because I think of yall constantly. Stay strong and I know God is right there with you.
Love,
Stacey Grass
Post a Comment