So the entire night I had nurses in and out watching my bp. It did not lower very much with the 200 mg so they gave me an immediate release of Procardia and that seemed to help lower it some. They gave me 10 mg instead of 5 of Ambien so that I could sleep. This morning at 7:00 am I was woken up to workmen remodling my hallway and were using the loudest possible materials they could find. They are not supposed to start working until 8:30. So many people complained, they finally stopped around 8:00 and I was able to go back to sleep. Then my doctor, lactation nurse, food delivery lady, nurses decided to drop in every other minute so that kept me awake over and over. I finally decided to get up at 9:00 because I was so hungy. By then my food was cold. lol So needless to say I am very tired today. My bp has been pretty good today except for one incident where I tried to take a "sit down" shower using the shower chair and I got really nauseaous and light headed and fell over and hit my head on the wall. Ouch! My mom and the nurse had to help me out and put me in bed. My doctor has told me that if my bp stays level today and tomorrow he will release me tomorrow afternoon sometime but only if it normalizes and stays that way. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Robert is on his way up here for the weekend. He has been gone working all week.
I got an update from one of the doctors today. Blake is on a roller coaster. The good news is his blood infection seems to be gone so they are taking him off the antibiotics today. He moves around so much he keeps rolling over on his cpap and cuttin off the oxygen flow so he then tries to breathe over it. Then he rolls back and it opens back up. They think the increase in apneas might be due to that so they have inserted the tubing further down in his airway to help out a little. Normally they keep it shallow because of his size but he has gained some wait so they think he can handle it better now. They are going up on his feedings again to 6 cc's. Yea we are now at a whole teaspoon. lol The bad thing is he has more fluid on his lungs than before. Because of that they are going to start him on some medicine called Lasix. The Lasix will help him pee out the extra fluid he is retaining and hopefully the extra fluid that is in his lungs as well. The downside to the meds is that he will lose a little bit of weight because of it. That is ok with me if his lungs get better. He has done good at gaining weight and has not lost any through out all his problems so we are ok with him losing a little bit now to help his lungs progress. Rob and I are going to go watch him get his third sponge bath this evening at 8:30 so I will update again after that.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Janna thanks for keeping us updated! You and blake are in our prayers.
Post a Comment